what is hydroponics?
it’s the art and science of growing plants in water, not soil — so it’s cleaner and greener than organic
sustainable at our core
Marlo Hydroponic Skincare™ was inspired by the power and promise of hydroponics, an incredibly environmentally friendly and sustainable farming method. Marlo is the world’s first skincare company to create products built around clean hydroponic extracts.
- Hydroponics is one of the most SUSTAINABLE cultivation methods yet developed — beyond organic.
- Hydroponics is great for the ENVIRONMENT:
- Soil nutrients are not depleted
- Saves up to 90% more water compared to soil cultivation
- Land is conserved since it requires significantly less land area than conventional farming
- Hydroponics works without soil, so it ELIMINATES NASTIES like micro-organisms, naturally occurring toxins and other impurities.
- Hydroponics does not use chemical fertilizers or pesticides so it’s CHEMICAL-FREE. There are no petroleum-based compounds to leach into the plant or the surrounding groundwater (or into your skin).
it’s good for you
- Hydroponics is so clean, it ensures that hydroponic ingredients are 100% PURE AND NON-TOXIC.
- Hydroponic plants and their extracts are also SUPER-POWERED because the plants are infused with a high concentration of healthy nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
how it works
Hydroponics is the art and science of growing plants in water, not soil.
How does it work? Hydroponic plants are grown in nutrient-dense water that is totally free of toxic chemical fertilizers, pesticides and soil impurities. That means the extracts we derive from our hydroponic crops are also incredibly pure and non-toxic — ideal for use in clean skincare.
Because they are grown in the total absence of toxins and nasties, and are optimized to create the ripest, healthiest harvest, hydroponic crops have more nutrients and fewer impurities than soil-grown plants (even if they’re organic).
That means our hydroponic ingredients are 100% pure and non-toxic, super-powered and super-sustainable.
why hydroponics goes beyond the rest
Our blog has much more on hydroponics and how it is helping to improve lives and our environment.
the green line
Have you ever experimented with hydroponic growing at home? (That’s growing plants in water, not soil). You can! And it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Hydroponics is the art and science of growing plants in water, not soil. How is it both ancient history and high-tech?
You don’t have to trek out to the countryside to go to the farm. Hydroponics brings the “farm” to you.
Copyright © 2022